- Hello out there, my name is Luanne S Donnadio, and I have been living in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. for over 30 years. I am a self taught needle felting artist, with a real passion for making dolls. My love of this art started about 8 years ago. I had angora rabbits for pets. These cuddly animals are wool from nose to tail. I needed to do something with the wool after giving them a hair cut. So my dolls and bears are made of several different wools such as sheep, angora, buffalo and alpaca. Each piece is a one of a kind work of art, sometimes taking over 30 hrs to complete. I gain my inspiration from nature, history, loved ones, special occasions, and from my Native American brothers and sisters. I teach this art at workshops and give lectures on Felting. My dolls are copyrighted......C Luanne's Felted Bell Dolls, as a reminder to ring in freedom for all people.
skennen'kowa means Great Peace in Mohawk.....
Happy Doll Making, and remember every face tells a story! Luanne
- 2009 Dutchess County Fair in Rhinebeck NY. 1st place and The Chairman's Choice award for Needle Felted Betsy Ross Doll.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for her needle felted dolls at the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool festival in Rhinebeck N.Y.
- The Entrepreneur Recognition Award and The Congressional Recognition Award for the work she does through her dolls in the community on behalf of people with disabilities.
The Fall Colors Artisans Show
- You can contact me at (845) 473-5491, or e/m me at